Below are the 4 sessions being offered as part of our Careers Day 2021 Event. To book your free place, please complete the Careers Day digital enrolment form, available by clicking on the Enrolment Information button or copy and paste the short form link to your browser: https://bit.ly/2LdZ9No
Session 1: Is an Apprenticeship right for you?. Time 12:45 - 13:15
Join us and our special guest speaker, Kerry Huckstepp from Thurrock Council, as she explains all about apprenticeships.
* Is an Apprenticeship right for me?
* How do they work?
* How do you learn?
* What is an apprenticeship like with the Council?
* How do I find out more?
Session 2: .Opportunities for Further Education and Training Time 13:15 - 13:45
Join us and our special guest speaker, Lucy Ponting from South Essex College (SEC) as they give an outline about Higher Education provision including Level 4 Courses/Access courses/Foundation degrees.
* Access courses, what are they & how they link from our TACC qualifications to progression to Uni.
* Progress courses for vocational qualifications, i.e., Counselling Level 3 at TACC to Level 4, 5 & 6 at SEC.
* Studying at SEC, requirements, expectations, length of study, adult provision at SEC, costs.
* Careers events at SEC.
Session 3: Routes to University . Time 14:00 - 14:30
Join us and our special guest speaker, Grace Sullivan (Engagement Officer) from Anglia Ruskin University (ARU), as they give an outline about Undergraduate degree courses and Routes to University.
* Degree courses and pathways which match our current vocational qualifications.
* Entry requirements for continuing to higher level qualifications.
* How a degree can increase career opportunities and earning potential.
* Uni Life, what to expect, costs, study time, commitment.
* Careers events at ARU
Session 4: Planning your Career. Time 14:30 - 15:00
Join us and our special guest from National Careers Service .